The benefits of recycling to the environment, the economy, and the future generations are vast and wide reaching. Recycling saves our natural resources by up to 95% in some cases. Shaving wood, glass, steel, energy, water and more.
The economy benefits with massive job increases compared to incineration or landfill occupations. Billions in annual salaries and sales are the by-products of a recycling culture.
To sustain the planet for future generations every single individual up to every business and corporation needs to make a shift in the way we deal with consumption and trash disposal. Even better than recycling is upcycling, repurposing items so they never go into non-use. With natural resources being depleted beyond redemption, reusing existing materials and purchasing items made from recycled resources is one of the best actions available to protect the environment.
Benefits of Recycling
- Reduces the amount of waste sent to landfills and incinerators
- Conserves natural resources such as timber, water and minerals
- Increases economic security by tapping a domestic source of materials
- Prevents pollution by reducing the need to collect new raw materials
- Saves energy
- Supports American manufacturing and conserves valuable resources
- Helps create jobs in the recycling industries in the United States
- Recycling saves resources- used materials are converted into new products, reducing the need to consume natural resources.
Recycling saves energy- using recycled materials in the manufacturing process uses considerably less energy than that required for producing new products from raw materials.
Recycling helps protect the environment- by reducing the need for extracting (mining, quarrying and logging), refining and processing raw materials. All of these create substantial air and water pollution. Also reduces greenhouse gas emissions, which helps to manage climate change.
Recycling reduces incineration- recycled materials are reprocessed into new products, thus reduces trash sent to incineration.
How Recycling Benefits the Environment
Recycling reduces the use of natural resources by reusing materials:
- It takes 95% less energy to recycle aluminum than it does to make it from raw materials.
- Recycled steel saves 60% production energy.
- Recycled newspaper 40%
- Recycled plastics 70%
- Recycled glass 40%.
- Using scrap steel instead of virgin ore to make new steel takes 40% less water and creates 97% less mining waste.
#recycling #recycle #upcycling #zerowaste #sustainability #reuse #environment #ecofriendly #waste #wastemanagement #sustainable #scrapmetal #recycled #demolition #nature #savetheplanet #upcycle #scrap #eco #green #climatechange